Saturday, November 17, 2012

Kit of the Day, Bill Crider Edition

    

     Who wouldn't want a model kit of The Six-Million-Dollar Man fighting a gator? Here's your chance, it's on eBay right now and I believe the price is reasonable. The only thing that has me scratching my head about this model is the briefcase at Lee Major's feet. Is this a tool box so he can tighten up a loose screw, or a secret formula the gator, an agent of a foreign power no doubt, is trying to steal?

     The maker of this oddity is Fun Dimensions, not a well-known name in modeling circles these days. Since it's a snap-together kit (no glue needed) the main challenge would be painting it to look realistic. And I have a feeling not many kids were up to that challenge.

     Bill, here you go.

4 comments:

Bill Crider said...

Thst's my kind of kit, all right!

D Gary Grady said...

Why not combine it with the lobster kit so he could fight both of them?

pattinase (abbott) said...

For those who had outgrown paint by numbers maybe.

Cap'n Bob said...

I put in a bid on the lobster but dropped out when I was overbid. It would have run me over $20 for the thing and I didn't like it that much.

I still have paint-by-numbers sets, and some of the old ones are highly collectible. I find that odd.