Sunday, December 05, 2004

Another Birthday Notice

Two birthdays, in fact. Dec. 5th is the anniversary of George Armstrong Custer's birth (1839), but that's a subject for another time

Of greater importance is my daughter Kristine's 14th birthday. I can't believe that little baby I played with, watched Barney with, and took to see Ivan the Gorilla is a young lady already. I will say that she's been an absolute joy every day she's been in my life and I wouldn't trade her for all the winning lottery tickets in the world.
For her birthday we went to see FINDING NEVERLAND (by coincidence, it was $26.50 for tickets and $26.50 for snacks), with Johnny Depp as James Barrie, the creator of Peter Pan. It was a tender, well-acted movie but a bit slow. No kung-fu, no nekkid ladies, nobody gets blowed up. By another coincidence, the same gabby old couple sat behind me that sat behind me when I saw THE INCREDIBLES. Okay, maybe they were a different set of geezers, but you'd think that people would know how to behave in a theater once they hit their dotage.




5 comments:

James Reasoner said...

Happy Birthday to Kristine. Boy, they grow up fast, don't they? (Except for people who don't know how to behave in theaters. Evidently they never grow up.)

Bill said...

Happy belated birthday to Kristine. Wow. It won't be long before you're paying college tuition, Cap'n Bob. But let's not dwell on that.

Some years ago in an 87th Precinct book there was a throwaway scene where Carella or someone's walking through the booking room and a guy's explaining why the shot the couple behind him in the movie theater. "I had to," he says. "They wouldn't stop talking." Something to consider.

Rik said...

This is a great blog you have here,Cap'n .
Very interesting to read, so I bookmarked it.
greets:)
------------------------------
[My blog][avatars and funny stuff]

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Thanks, Rik. I had a look at yours. Lots of yoks there, but be advised I'm on a one-man campaign to eradicate the word "cool" from the current lexicon unless it refers to a relative temperature.

Kristine Jorgensen said...

SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINDING NEVERLAND!!!!!! I cant believe I stumbled upon this.