Monday, December 22, 2008

The Winter of Our Dissed Content

Our winter has brought us some lovely snow, but
it has made a mess of traffic, especially since no
one in this burg knows how to drive on dry roads,
let alone icy ones. The photo at right of Chez Cap'n shows that a white Christmas may be in the offing, if it doesn't rain and wash it all away.

Happy Birthday Barbara (June Cleaver) Billingsley. She's 93 today. Bill Crider's great blog reprints an article about her birthday and lists some of her screen credits, but they missed a couple of good ones. She was in The Valiant Hombre (a Cisco Kid movie with Duncan Renaldo), and Angels in the Outfield (1951, starring Paul Douglas). I've been seeking that Cisco Kid film for years.

Today I worked my final day for 2008. I say worked but I didn't do a damn thing, what with the weather closing down the flightline (I work for the Air Force).

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays to all, and to all a good night.

1 comment:

Bill Crider said...

Happy holidays to you and yours, Cap'n. Great photo, but I'm just as glad we're having a warm Christmas with no snow problems.