Saturday, July 04, 2009

Stratus Symbol

I just got back from a car dealership where my older daughter, Stephanie, got a 2000 Dodge Stratus. It's red. Driver's of Washington State, you've been warned.

Wow, a Leave It to Beaver marathon for July 4th. And the Mariner's beat Boston again. Life is good.

On the way home from the dealership I stopped at Office Depot. My printer needed paper. I found what I wanted and it ran $7.29 a ream (500 sheets). Expensive, but not as bad as a lot of the other brands they had. But wait, they had a three pack of the same paper for, for $24.99. Hold it! If I buy three loose packs at $7.29 each I pay $21.87. That's $3.12 less. What does all the extra cost cover, the box and strapping tape? See my earlier post about the pricing on the taco and enchilada dinners. Who figures these prices out? Someone who reads the results of math testing in schools?

Happy 4th. Try not to be a statistic this weekend.

4 comments:

Bill Crider said...

What is it with chicks and red cars?

Today at Wal-Mart, I bought a pack of box of cat food (10 packages) for $4.98. The box with 20 packages is $10.83. I don't ask questions. I just buy the stuff.

Bill Crider said...

I should proof those comments before I send them, but you get the idea about the cat food, I guess.

javier said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cap'n Bob Napier said...

And stay out, Javalina, or whatever your phony name is.