Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bald-Faced Liar/Creative Writer Exercise



Dave Lewis, alias Evan Lewis, chose me to play the Bald-Faced Liar game. The rules follow:

1. Thank the person who gave this to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth - or - switch it around and tell six outrageous truths and one outrageous lie. See below.
5. Nominate seven "Creative Writers" who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them. Seven? I don't have that many fingers.

Herewith my submission:

1) I killed over a dozen men before my 21st birthday.

2) I spent most of age 7 in an iron lung.

3) I sued Bob Dylan for copyright infringement and won, but he never paid me.

4) In Viet Nam, armed only with a bayonet, I captured 3 Viet Cong.

5) I worked my way through college selling cocaine.

6) I have three testicles.

7) I once took part in a cattle roundup.

And/Or ...

1) I sang lead in a rock band.

2) I met Joe Garagiola in a men's room.

3) I went to a nudist colony.

4) I had a license to drive a bulldozer before I had a license to drive a car.

5) I worked as a gravedigger.

6) I lived in 5 states by age 6.

7) My sixth grade teacher thought I had a speech impediment.


The only rule I'm breaking is sending this to others. Most of the people I know have already played.

3 comments:

Evan Lewis said...

I think you cheated. All 14 are true.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Nope. There's one TRUE in a group of FALSES and vice versa.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

The silence is deafening.

The true one is that I captured 3 VC, or so I was told.

The lie is that I was never a gravedigger.