Sunday, February 15, 2015

Kit of the Day

   
     It's been a long time since I featured an unusual model kit here but when I saw this one I had to act. As you can see, the subject is legendary model Bettie Page and the pose is based on one of the sessions she had with Bunny Yeager (IIRC). The kit is 1/6 scale, which means a six-foot person would be a foot tall model. The material here is not styrene plastic but resin, and there are only about ten pieces. Kits like this are for the skilled painter or someone dedicated to the subject. You can bid on it on eBay today, Feb. 15, for an opening offer of $99.99. There is a better Bettie Page kit from the same maker also on eBay, but it was a lot more revealing and this is a family blog.

4 comments:

Bill Crider said...

I hope you're bidding on this one and the other one, too.

Cap'n Bob said...

Sorry to disappoint. I just got kits of Anne Boleyn and Queen Elizabeth I if that's any consolation.

Evan Lewis said...

Depends how revealing they are.

Cap'n Bob said...

Not much, Evan.