Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Happy Birthday, Georgie and April Fool.


     In one of those galactic twists of fate my cousin George was born on this day in 1946. This photo was taken in 1965 when we were clowning around for the camera. In fact, that's my Beatle wig he's wearing. Georgie was always up for something dangerous. Give him a steep hill and something with wheels and he was off, never mind that he had no idea what was at the bottom of that hill. He liked weapons and was always making something deadly from whatever materials were at hand. It's a miracle that he survived childhood.
     But he grew up to be a fairly responsible citizen thanks to a wife who knew how to deal with him, and in his spare time he crafted furniture that was of tremendous quality and beauty.
     So happy birthday, cousin. You sure made my teen years interesting times.

3 comments:

George said...

Hope my packages reach the Great Northwest intact. I hope they delight you. And that's no April Fools joke!

Cap'n Bob said...

I just sent you an e-mail. To say I am in awe is an understatement. That's a trove of photo etch parts and accessories. Many thanks.

Lynn said...

Such a shame that George does not use social media. He would love to see your blog.