Monday, November 14, 2016

188

I weighed myself this morning and I was 188 pounds. A few days ago I was 190 and I vowed to get below 190 before my birthday. I didn't expect it to happen right away, but I'm delighted. See, I was always a slender kid (as in skinny) and a slim young man. In middle age I started gaining weight, probably because my job didn't involve a lot of physical activity anymore, and a bad back kept me from doing anything strenuous.

At one point I recorded a peak of 228 pounds--way too fat for my bone structure.  I chipped away at that: 215 for some years, 203, 195 for a long time, 193, and now 188. Ideally I'd like to hit 180. And if I could reach 175 it would be better than ideal. We'll see.



                               That's me on the left as a senior in high school. all 145 pounds of me.

1 comment:

Bill Crider said...

Slim & trim!