Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Spunky: R.I.P.


AT 10:30 this morning I brought Spunky to the vet's to have her put to sleep. She was suffering from kidney failure and arthritis. This morning she was under the trampoline in the backyard on cold, damp ground and looked miserable. We'd already decided today would be the day she'd have to be put down, and the state she was in made it clear it was the necessary decision.

That doesn't make it easy, but the poor dog was suffering badly. She was 13 and a sweet, gentle animal. We'll miss her.

Here she is five years ago, during better times.

4 comments:

Sandra Scoppettone said...

I'm so sorry, Bob. This is such a hard thing to do. I feel for you and your family.
Sandra

Bill said...

Sorry that Spunky's gone.

Livia said...

Bob, I'm sorry for you and your family.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Thanks Babe, Bill, and Livia.