Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A Conundrum

I like El Toro and eat there at least once a week. But one menu anomaly has been bothering me since I noticed it a couple of weeks ago.

To wit: If you get Dinner #1 (two enchiladas, beans, rice, cole slaw), you pay $9.95. If you get the # 2 dinner (two tacos and the same side dishes as #1), you pay the same price, $9.95. But if you get a #4 dinner (one enchilada, one taco, and the sames sides), you pay $10.25. That's 30 cents more even though the enchiladas and tacos are cheaper if bought in pairs. It makes no sense, and has stopped me from having that #4 dinner. I asked the waitress about the odd pricing and she said she didn't know, that the owner set the prices. So I said to send over the owner. She said he wasn't there. A likely story. And don't suggest I order one #1 and one #2 and swap one of the entrees. The people with whom I dine always order the same boring thing, and it's neither of those choices.

I bought a treadmill. Now all I need is a place to put it. Oh yes, and the will to use it. More to follow, maybe.

4 comments:

Bill Crider said...

We have a treadmill. It's great to hang clothes on.

pattinase (abbott) said...

And it'll hold about five dozen books if stacked in piles along the tread.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

That's what Ted the Elder said, Bill. At least it won't go to waste if I never use it.

WNelWeb said...

Restaurant pricing is one of those mysteries that's right up there with the vanishing of the dinosaurs. Lots of people think they know what happened, but they don't REALLY know.

Treadmill = quilt dryer.

Pax,
Nelson