Friday, September 12, 2008

No Joke

I came up with a joke I thought would be perfect for Jay Leno. I went on line to find how to submit it. After a couple of frustrating hours I finally disovered that they don't accept unsolicited jokes. So I sent it to Bill Crider's blog. Now I wish I'd saved it for this site. But on the off chance someone reads this blog and doesn't read Bill's (which you should: billcrider.blogspot.com), here it is:

Hurricane Ike battered the Caribbean so hard they renamed it Hurricane Ike Turner.

Badda-bing, badda-boom!

Which reminds me, I was in the dentist's office a few days ago and picked up a Readers Digest to peruse the jokes. Every one I saw was old enough to have moss. People are being paid $100 a pop to recycle bad gags that were wobbly when Grit was the only source of entertainment in the Corn Belt. Assuming these jokes are actually being submitted by the public and not tossed in by the staff and credited to some made up name.

4 comments:

Bill Crider said...

I, at least, liked your joke. Probably nobody reads my comments except me.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Ever the gentleman, Bill.

Kadri said...

=D I liked the joke too.

As for Readers Digest and their jokes, I have a feeling that they recycle. I can't prove it since I don't have any copies from the 80's left but I often feel certain I've read them in RD before.

WNelWeb said...

I thought it was funny, too!
Pax,
Nelson