Sunday, August 02, 2009

The Cost of Inoffensiveness

I was shopping yesterday and thought I should get a new deodorant as mine is running low. I use a stick type. The first thing I noticed was that all the deodorants were more expensive than when I bought my last one. So I started checking the unit price--in this case the cost-per-pound of each brand. I was astonished to see that the cheapest one was over $14/lb and one was over $100/lb. Meat is cheaper. You can buy a human being for less. This puts me on the horns of a dilemma. Should I eat fine steaks served by a gorgeous slave girl or slather some hexachlorophene in my armpits every morning?

Oh, and I decided to wait for a sale on B.O. juice since I still have some left. That'll give me time to cogitate on the matter.

3 comments:

Bill Crider said...

We need to support our retailers and get the economy going, Cap'n.

Dave Lewis said...

Then again, slathering raw meat and slavegirls on your armpits would have its attractions too.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Wal-Mart saved the day with a two for the price of one sale. I can continue to feel fresh, confident, and secure.