Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wyatt Earp in 54mm




I'm horning in on Dave Lewis's idea of running pictures of Marx playset character figures. I'm even stealing his first presentation, Wyatt Earp. But I'm carrying it one step further. The unpainted photo is Dave's, showing Wyatt as he was created about half a century ago. The second is a lead casting of Wyatt made from the same figure and painted by yours truly. Dave reports the Earp figure's value at $40. I think it might be twice that but with collector markets you never know.

4 comments:

Dave Lewis said...

OK, Cap'n, let's see your painted Flint McCullough, Ranger and Tonto.

I saw a Flint and a Wyatt go for $40 each recently on eBay, but they were gray. They worth less, you think?

Dave Lewis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Yes.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

The painted Flint is coming soon. Sorry, no painted Lone Ranger or Tonto.