Monday, September 28, 2009

I've spent much of the past two days getting this new computer up and running. Much of that time was devoted to getting the darn thing to hook up with the router downstairs. I've just finished installing the printer/scanner/ fax, and that was another hair-pulling treat. With luck I'm over the worst of the problems and can get back to some more entertaining blogging. I still need to give Robert Horton and Ward Bond eyeballs, and I have some other Marx character figures to show you.

Today also marks the end of a ten-day hiatus from work. Getting up early will be hard, come morning.

Classes start today for my two college girls. I wish them luck and good grades. 

I've been reading a lot of Trailsman books lately. These are entertaining, well-written, breezy stories about Skye Fargo, a leather-clad stud who travels the Old West busting baddies and bedding babes. Just the ticket if you don't want to get bogged down with dense, ponderous tomes.

6 comments:

Bill Crider said...

Congrats to the two young women, Cap'n. I remember when my little girl went off to college. Geez. Could that have been 20 years ago?

Evan Lewis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evan Lewis said...

How about some Trailsman reviews for the Almanack? I'll pay the usual rate.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

I want double now that I'm an Almanack star.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Oh, and one correction. My younger girl's classes start tomorrow.

Richard Robinson said...

You could have avoided all those computer troubles by getting an iMac...

Heh.

So UW is just now starting classes? Everyone else started almost a month ago. Odd.