Sunday, March 28, 2010

Apology to a Virgin

I've been crowing a lot lately about having a jacket stolen from me when I returned from L.A. via Virgin Airlines. Today I did my laundry and in the botton of the basket I found that jacket. How it got there I don't know. It wasn't even dirty. So I have removed Virgin from my overburdened shit list, sent them an apology, and confessed my sins to a itinerant druid priest.

What bothers me as much as standing here with egg on my face is the fact that I have no recollection whatsoever of tossing that jacket into the laundry basket. Is my mind really that far gone? It's a frightening prospect.

But as long as I have your attention, don't forget to read my new mystery novel, THE TOYMAN RIDES AGAIN. No signs of senility are present in that work.

4 comments:

Bill Crider said...

. . . of if there are, you don't remember them.

Evan Lewis said...

I'm thinking your jacket, like the new book, slipped through the timestream into the 80s.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Did you see my necklace in there?

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Sorry, Patti. I did find my copy of Laurie's book, however. It was hiding on my desk two feet in front of my stupid mug.