Monday, March 22, 2010

New Header


See my new header? It's not the best job I've ever done, but it might be the most frustrating. The photo is me about 40 pounds ago, I mean 30 years ago. Oh to be young again.

For the last six days I have been trying to find someone, anyone, at Virgin America Airlines to speak with about the jacket stolen from my luggage from one of their fine, fine baggage handlers. Talk about a runaround. Call here. Call there. Go here. E-mail this. Contact that. I'm convinced they intentionally make it impossible to complain about their lousy service. For one thing, they don't publish anything that would direct you to the department that handles the problem. If by some miracle you find the right number to call no one will answer. I'm disgusted. I'll make one more attempt, by writing to the main office, but I have little hope anything will come from it.
I have a lengthy shit list, and Virgin America just got added.

8 comments:

Bill Crider said...

Great photo. Looks just like you.

Give Virgin hell.

Evan Lewis said...

Cool header, Cap'n, sir. Maybe you should publish the complete "list".

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

It would read like the Yellow Pages.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

That is me, Bill. I wish I still looked like that.

Richard Prosch said...

Nice header! Been meaning to ask --do you think the gal on the way cool cover of the first Toyman book is Beth or Crazy Dorothy? Who's the model in real life?

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

I have no idea, Richard. The publisher either have their own art department or farm the work out. The woman on the cover of Toyman 1 isn't real, as far as I can tell, but a piece of artwork, probably in public domain. I'd always assumed it was supposed to be Mandy, but the hair is all wrong. Maybe Janet, whom she most resembles.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I had a necklace stolen from my luggage. Between that and the charges, I don't check luggage anymore.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

I wouldn't have, Patti, but I had too much stuff to carry on.