Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Two Days to Go


I plan to spend as much of my final two days (one day, six hours to be exact--I work 10-hour days) clearing the base. That is, going hither and yon getting boxes on a sheet of paper signed off by various people in various sections.

Evan Lewis wondered what image I'd use to illustrate two. I thought about The Dynamic Duo or one of the better comedy teams, but these innocent lasses from the brush of Milton Caniff seemed more appropriate.

Lately I've seen a lot of people using "hoard" when they mean "horde." A hoard is hidden or stored fund or supply (I looked it up) and a horde is a swarm or throng, as of people, animals, or insects. If you're going to write or edit, you need to know these things.

7 comments:

Evan Lewis said...

A two-fer. I should have guessed.

Jerry House said...

As opposed to "whored".

Bill Crider said...

On last week's Terriers there was a neatly printed cover sheet for some plans with the phrase "Principle Architect" prominently displayed.

George said...

You're on the cusp of Retirement! Just clean out your desk, take your final bow, and ride off into the sunset.

Ron Scheer said...

Just realized I was confused about boarder and border.

Travis Erwin said...

Thanks for the education and illustration.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

It figures, I got more responses by posting nekked ladies than anything else. You dogs.

I left out "whored" because this is a tasteful family blog, Jerry. A nudism family, but a family nevertheless.