Sunday, February 24, 2013

Happy Birthday, Ma

My mother turned 90 today. I'm happy to report she's doing very well and living on her own in a seniors' apartment complex.

If I would credit anything to her longevity it's housework. She has always been phobic about keeping the home tidy and spotless. I remember visiting her about ten years ago and staying in the guest room. I got up one morning to go to the can and when I got out a few minutes later the bed was made.

She is also deathly afraid of rodents.

3 comments:

Bill Crider said...

Happy birthday to your mom. Her cleaning habits are very much like those of Judy's mother, who lived to be almost 95. Must be something to that housework thing. Too bad for me.

Randy Johnson said...

Happy birthday to your mom. Many more to come I'm sure, she's doing so well.

Jerry House said...

Happy birthday to her. She can come visit my house any time.