Sunday, March 10, 2013

Kit of the Day

 


   Wooo! Scary, kids, right? Or it would be except for one thing...

...IT HAS NO BODY! Who in the name of Nimitz thought that a shark head would make a good model kit? Even the lobster and long horn bug had bodies. Or thoraxes, or whatever they have. It's a shame, too, because the head is very nicely done and if it had the rest of the fish it might have made a good display. But they went ahead and did this without consulting me first, so this is the best they could come up with.

     I don't think we're going to need a bigger boat.

4 comments:

D Gary Grady said...

This can be viewed as a display problem. Mount the head vertically coming up out of some wavy dark blue-green Jell-o, like a shark coming vertically out of the ocean, and it might look reasonably cool. How to make the Jell-o surface look like ocean waves is left as an exercise.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I am wondering my grandson is old enough.

Cap'n Bob said...

There are a number of ways to make water for models, so that shouldn't be a problem for anyone who wants to take your suggestion, Gary.

Patti, I have no idea how complicated this kit is, but it's probably more than a 5-year-old can handle.

Madison said...

I'm glad to have stumbled upon your site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back. Thanks and have a great day!