Thursday, October 01, 2015

Throwback Thursday


     The Servidio Sisters plus one. This is my mother and her sisters sometime in the 1930s, plus one woman I can't identify. Upper left is Sylvia, upper right is my mother Gloria, and lower left is my late Aunt Peggy. There was a fourth sister, Nancy, who died when she was 12 from polio, but I doubt she's the fourth member of this group.
     Sometimes they spell their name Servideo, sometimes Servidio, and no one seems to know which is correct. The translation is roughly Serves God, so I prefer Servidio.

5 comments:

Bill Crider said...

A stylish quartet!

Cap'n Bob said...

Update: The woman seated at the left is Anna, a family friend.

Kristine Jorgensen said...

You said that the lower left was Aunt Peggy...so which one is for sure Peggy?

Kristine Jorgensen said...

You said that the lower left was Aunt Peggy...so which one is for sure Peggy?

Cap'n Bob said...

Sorry. The front left is Aunt Peggy, the one on the right is Anna.