Friday, August 27, 2010

42 Days To Go


I like the number 42. The Doolittle Raid and the Battle of Midway happened in '42. Summer of '42 was a pretty good movie. My younger baby was born when I was 42. I didn't want to rush into things, I guess.

Pictured is the classic shadow band The Moops. From let to right are yours truly, Dave "Evan" Lewis, and Brian Trainer (alias Tough Jim Gaston). Tough Jim is going to have some heart surgery in about 10 days and I want to wish him every kind of good fortune. He's a swell fellow and a magnificent guitarist.

5 comments:

Bill Crider said...

The band that looks as good as it sounds! My best to Tough Jim.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Can I find you on you tube.
Love Summer of 42.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Sorry, Patti, but The Moops haven't recorded anything. We need a singer.

Bill, we sound better than we look. I'll pass along your wishes to Tough Jim next time I write him.

George said...

You and Evan: writers, musicians, and men-about-town. The only guys who trump you are Dave Barry and Max Allen Collins.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

They wish.