Friday, August 20, 2010

46 Days To Go


On April 1 in '46 my cousin George was born. I don't have anything else to say about that number.

Our squardon picnic was held today. I went, I ate, I left.

Speaking of work, our new break room had the TV hooked up a few days ago and we now get a station called RTV (Retro Television). I've had a chance to watch episodes of I Spy and Daniel Boone. I missed Quincy, but it was there, along with Kojak. Today's I Spy guest starred Sue Randall, famous as Miss Landers on Leave It to Beaver. She looked a bit fuller in the face (filmed in 1965, three years after Randall left LITB), but she looked as lovely as ever. She also had a chance to emote more than she did as the wise and caring teacher. But you know what I liked best about these old shows?

Steady cameras that held a shot. No blitz cuts, no wobbly camera work, no brilliant lights flashing in my face--none of those damnable MTV effects every callow director finds necessary to inflict on us, and I doubt they even know why they're doing it.

5 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I think LITB was one of the best written shows in the history of TV. I can still watch it and sometimes do.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

You are a wise and discerning woman, Patti, and I agree completely. I was so enamoured of the show I made Eddie Haskell my role model.

Glenn said...

Gee
Swell Dad
I'll sock ya one
Beat it squirt
Gosh Larry
Beaver you little goof
Hey Wally
Yes Miss Landers
Aw come on Whitey
Eddie how about a knuckle sandwich
Ah, yes dear
Ward aren't you being a little hard on the Beaver
Good morning Mr. Rutherford
Wally is upstairs Eddie
I can't Eddie, I have a date with Mary Ellen Rodgers
Ah cut it out Lumpy

Great show. Great characters. And nobody spewing excessive profanity and wearing their pants two feet below thier skivvies.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

So true. Hey, let's go to Metzger's Field and mess around.

Glenn said...

Gosh Bobby that would be swell. We could take Lumpy's '40 Ford and drive past Grant Avenue Grammar School on the way and get my history book from Judy.

Ah pipe down Beav. Lumpy will charge us 15 cents for gas if we do that.

Gee whiz Wally we could ask Dad to drive us if he's not playing golf with Mr. Haskell.