Friday, January 28, 2011

Have a Scar?


Just thought you'd like to see the pretty scar on my shoulder. The one the doctor said would be a couple or three inches. Rick Robinson asked for an update, and all I can say is that the healing continues apace. Today's physical therapy was the hurtingest one yet, but I hope that means it's working. I may be able to ditch my sling in a few weeks and that will be a real benchmark.

Speaking of benchmarks, I ordered a Kindle and it arrived the day before yesterday. Yesterday I ordered my first download, WILD NIGHT, by Livia Washburn. I find it easier to read than a book right now because of my sore shoulder, and it's not too tricky to learn how to use it. Now, I love books and have no intention of abandoning them, but there are a few things better loaded into a Kindle, and some things only available in Kindle format, and for these I'm glad I have the device.

10 comments:

Evan Lewis said...

I'm thinkin' you got that scar just because babes dig 'em.

Bill Crider said...

Nice. I hope you're playing the sympathy card with the family. And check out the free stuff for Kindle at munseys.com.

Jerry House said...

The scar is pretty, but I'd rather look at Anna May. Heal fast.

Cap'n Bob said...

If that's so, Evan, how come I never got anywhere with my vasectomy scar?

Thanks for the link, Bill. Tried one download but it failed. Will try again.

I'd rather look at Anna May, too, Jerry.

Ron Scheer said...

A prostate surgery scar never did much for me either...but, hey, you're looking great. Thanks for the update.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Use that scare vanish stuff on it. I had a bad scar on my leg and it did fade it. Although it might make you look more dangerous. Like a late night knife fight.

Livia J (Washburn) Reasoner said...

Wicked scar, Cap'n. Hope you heal quickly. Thanks for buying WILD NIGHT.

Cap'n Bob said...

I finished it yesterday, Livia, and enjoyed it thoroughly.

George said...

Hope you heal fast. You might have a passing interest in watching 127 HOURS.

Richard R. said...

oh, oh, you is a tough guy to have dat scar, ya.