Friday, January 07, 2011

Under the Knife


In a few hours I'll go in for rotator cuff surgery. I expect to spend the next 6-8 weeks as a one-armed man and doing even less than I normally do, which isn't much. This morning I practiced putting on my socks with my left hand. It's not easy. One of the pre-op instructions tells me to write YES on the shoulder that needs the surgery. I'm thinking of writing CONTINUED ON OTHER SHOULDER under that, and on my left shoulder writing ...WE HAVE NO BANANAS. Surgeons aren't the only cut ups at the hospital.

I forgot to mention that my daughters' Chihuahuas celebrated their 8th birthdays on Jan 3. Many happy returns, Toby and Tiny.

Can't get enough of Anna May Wong, so here's a picture of her when she was very young.

6 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Bill Crider said...

Best of luck, Cap'n. I hope you'll be back in the saddle very soon.

George said...

Good luck with the surgery. Can you type with one hand?

Evan Lewis said...

Good thing you're tough as a two-dollar steak, Cap.

Ron Scheer said...

By the time you read this, the worst will be behind you and you'll be on the way to feeling like new again.

Saw Anna May Wong last night in a really bad noir movie, IMPACT. They should have thrown out everybody, including the director and the script, and started all over again just with her.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Thanks, all. Since I hunt and peck, my typing is only slightly worse. Spent most of my time doped up and asleep. I feel okay right now, especially after that impressive Seahawk win last night.