Sunday, October 16, 2011

'Tis a Puzzle



A Masterpiece picture puzzle from Whitman Publishing. Titled "The Roundup," it has 204 pieces, measures 10 3/4 X 14 3/8 inches when completed, and is one of eight puzzles in this series (#102). There's a sticker on the side of the box that says "J.J.N.Co, 15 cents" It actually has the cent sign, but that's not available here, or if it is I have no idea how to create it. Anyway, the box this came in was pretty small and the colors on the box top didn't match the puzzle that well, which is not unusual. But I did have fun putting it together and the finished product displayed well. You can see by the photo that the pieces had some interesting shapes. I don't know when this puzzle was produced, but I'm guessing the 1950s. Degree of difficulty: Easy.

On another subject entirely, I'm not that happy with the contenders for the baseball World Series. They deserved to get there, but I'm in the position of rooting against one team rather than for one. So, Go Cards!

No comments: