Tuesday, September 21, 2010

30 Days To Go


Now we're talking. Thirty days hath September, Cap'n Bob, and November. "Thirty days, Jerry!" "When you're hot, you're hot." The big three-oh. Thirtysomething. That writes 30 to this story.

Random thought: I have no luck whatsoever with flashlights and lawn mowers. Every time I've owned one of these items they've either been pieces of junk from day one or, if they were good, died young. I still have a Walkman that functions fine, I had a truck for 15 years, but not a decent flashlight in the house. I have a lot of flashlights, but they all stink. Am I alone in this?

5 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

By the time you need it, the batteries are dead. If you take them out to save them, you misplace them. There is not goo solution for the occasional flashlight user.

Evan Lewis said...

The solution: a handcrank flashlight and a pushmower.

Bill Crider said...

I bought a Maglite about ten years ago. It's great.

Laurie Powers said...

I have never have good luck with flashlights. I've only owned two lawnmowers in my life - the second is sitting in my garage right now - won't start. Thank God my landlords have a gardener come once a week to mow the back forty.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Patti--I keep batteries in the freezer. Doesn't matter; the flashlights die.

Evan--I had a rechargeable flashlight. Never worked. I now have an electric lawnmower that only works because I let the wife and kid do the lawn.

Had a Maglite set. Went bad. Ditto a million candlepower rechargeable that was good for a time, then died.

Laurie--Another victim of flashlight juju. I feel your pain.