Wednesday, September 01, 2010

40 Days To Go


Now, 40 is a good number. Life begins at 40. Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves. Forty-four forty or fight. Forty winks. I'm sure you can come up with more. A nice round number.

I mentioned yesterday that I bought a bunch of books at Half-Price on Monday. Dave "Evan" Lewis wanted to know the titles. Here they are:

The Wild Bunch, Dane Coolidge

The Portable Mark Twain

The Troopers, Mike Jameson (probably have it already)

Ride the Red Trail, Lewis B. Patten

Carston's Law, Jim Miller (Ex-Rangers series)

The Pumpkin Rollers, The Raiders, Wagontongue, and Texas Vendetta, Elmer Kelton

Bowman's Kid, Gordon D. Shirreffs

Cimarron in the Cherokee Strip, Leo P. Kelley (Cimarron series)

The Hanging Trail, Seven Wagons West, Dead Man's Saddle, Six-Gun Sombreros, and Red River Revenge, Jon Sharpe (The Trailsman series)

You Can't Stop Me, Max Allan Collins

That ought to hold me for a while. That, and the thousands of others I own. Happy September.

4 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Lots of fine titles here. The Twain and Collins books would be on my list as well.

Laurie Powers said...

I liked The Pumpkin Rollers a great deal.

Evan Lewis said...

OK, I'm impressed with The Portable Mark Twain. And that book by Mike (James) Jameson (Reasoner) is sure to be a good 'un.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

The Twain was on their clearance cart outside and cost a buck. It contains "favorite and representative writings." In short, excerpts from longer works. But that's okay. I feel badly that I've never read his two big'uns.

I'll move The Pumpkin Rollers towards the top of the stack on your say so, Laurie.

Can't miss with Reasoner/Jameson, although I may have read this one already. Since my memory cells leak from my ears like droplets from Niagra, I won't know until I try it.