Friday, September 17, 2010

33, 32, 31 Days To Go


Sorry I missed the last two nights. I forgot on 33 and we had storms on 32 so I shut down the computer. It has been a quiet week anyway. I finished reading Bill Crider's MURDER IN THE AIR, his latest Sheriff Dan Rhodes mystery, and I think it's one of his best. I hope to do a real review this weekend if I find the time. I'm going to the Western Washington State Fair (The Puyallup) tomorrow and hope the rain holds off while I'm walking around. I saw some fair food prices in the paper tonight and it's shocking. A corn dog is $4.07. Bad enough they want four bucks, but the seven cents is the ultimate insult. A cheeseburger is close to ten bucks and be prepared to lay out $8.50+ for a bratwurst. Maybe I'll just snatch a chicken from the poultry exhibit and see if the guy demonstrating George Foreman Grills can cook it for me. I will get some scones for sure, though. They are the one must-have in the food department. The best part: I'm getting in for free.

6 comments:

Bill Crider said...

I'm happy to take the blame for your procrastination.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Scones is there anything better. Well, maybe Bill's book. Hope you don't disappear when you get down to O.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Always happy to pass the blame. Thanks, Bill.

Patti, I plan to stay after zero and hope to start doing a real blog with real contents instead of these lame letters from camp I do now.
The scones were good, too.

Evan Lewis said...

How much are those Puyallup Fair bandits asking for a scone these days?

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

A shocking $1.25, but I got 13 for $13. The real banditry was the parking ($12), the crappy Bernie Burger ($5.00), and the medium Diet Pepsi ($3.22). Someone wanted $3.00 for a bottle of water while a bottled water display booth had it for a buck.

George said...

A plastic cup of beer at the Bills' games is up to $8.00. I'm guessing a hambuger or hot dog is in the same price range. And the team continues to lose.