Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Buddy

I'm saddened to announce that Buddy, my daughter Stephanie's dog, was put down today. He was 11 and in poor health for some time. Buddy was a sweet-tempered, amiable guy, large and a little clumsy, but always happy to see you. He loved attention and would take all you could give. A very good boy. He'll be missed.

My countdown continues. Eight working days left. You might be happy to note that I actually worked hard today. Well, maybe not hard but steadily. I'm also cleaning out my locker piece by piece, shredding cerificates from our countless annual training BS, taking home reading matter that has accumulated, and deciding if I want to donate my salt and pepper shakers to the break room. Salt, probably; pepper, no. I'm using a salt substitute at home but I use regular pepper and that stuff's expensive.

Tomorrow: Holiday!

4 comments:

Bill Crider said...

Sorry to hear about Buddy.

Spend your holiday wisely.

Evan Lewis said...

Adios, Bud.

George said...

My sister is retiring at the end of December. She's going through the same process that you are: cleaning out her desk, her locker, etc. She has a smile on her face every time I see her. I'm guessing you're doing a lot of smiling, too.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

I never smile. :}