Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Six Days to Go


We had a windstorm Monday that knocked out the power. I stayed up late to tend the fire in the fireplace, so I took Tuesday off. As you might know, the weather here stinks right now. But I worked today and that X's one more off the countdown calendar.

Yesterday was my daughter's due date, but no baby has appeared yet.

I'm in a good mood, though. Visa reversed a charge I'd disputed and the jackass who worked on my roof accepted the amount I sent him, so that's done with. Oh, and the windstorm blew all the leaves off the roof.

4 comments:

Bill Crider said...

The suspense mounts.

Evan Lewis said...

That illo from an H. Bedford-Jones story?

Laurie Powers said...

Having a grandchild and retiring all in one week - an embarrassment of riches.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Don't know where I got the illo, Evan. It was on line.

Those aren't consecutive days, Laurie. Alas. They are working days spread out over the next two weeks starting Tuesday.