Thursday, November 11, 2010

Vet's Day


I'm a veteran but I don't feel like I need any special recognition. The ones who were hurt mentally and physically deserve it far more than I. But I want to offer my personal salute to my brothers and sisters in arms on this special day set aside for us. I'm proud to be a member of the club.

Now then, I was sent a list of all the businesses that would be doing special things for vets today, like a free donut at Dunkin' or a free meal at Applebee's. On that list was a free 6-inch sub from Subway. So since I was near the local Subway I went in and asked if they were giving away subs to vets. The kid at the counter didn't know what I was talking about so he asked the manager/owner. The answer was no. That kind of ticked me off since I have bought a lot of subs in there over the years. But never again. The next one is only a few miles farther down the road and I'll go there from now on.

3 comments:

Ron Scheer said...

Cheap bastards. Complain to headquarters. I think they're still in Milford, Connecticut. And it should have been a foot-long.

Evan Lewis said...

Hope you at least got that Dunkin' donut.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Might just do that, Ron.

Evan: The donut place is too far, and I sure don't need the calories.