Friday, November 26, 2010

Four Days to Go


Yep, just a Fab Four days left til retirement. Next week will do it. To be exact, three days and 6 hours, or 36 hours.

I visited Baby Sofia earlier this evening. She was perfect; slept the whole time. I say this because my mother likes to read about it.

The last two days have been a football tsunami. I saw two games and part of a third yesterday and as I type this I'm watching my third game today. The first two I saw at work. We had a down day at the base and there was nothing to do but watch TV. On a regular work day there's ALMOST nothing to do but watch TV. I really enjoyed the Alabama/Auburn game, which Auburn won 28-27 after being behind 21-0. I don't know why I'm anti-Bama, but that's the way it is.

I picked up my younger girl's birthday/Xmas present today, an electric keyboard. She's very musically talented and I can hear her playing downstairs as I type this. I can also hear the Boise State-Nevada game, as alluded to earlier. The store where I picked up the keyboard is near the Tacoma Mall, and while there was a lot of traffic it moved quickly and my parking karma was in force when I needed a space. I also had a 15% off coupon, which was good for today only, so I was determined to use it no matter what the crowds were like.

Have a nice weekend.

4 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

And go hug that baby some more.

George said...

I've missed the tsunami of football because I've been correcting research papers. Apparently Auburn pulled off a miracle. And the miracle of retirement is almost in your grasp!

Evan Lewis said...

What happens on Day 5? Cap'n Babysitter.

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

She won't need a babysitter for a while yet. When the time comes, I'll be delighted to do it.